Arpoador Spot ID
Best: Swell SE | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 22.1 °C
Arpoador in Rio de Janeiro is a fairly exposed beach break that has consistent surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the north northeast. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the best swell direction is from the southeast. The beach break offers mainly left hand waves. Good surf at all stages of the tide. A popular wave that can get growded. Take care of locals and pollution.
Overall Arpoador Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
This picture shows the range of swells directed at Arpoador through a typical September... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Arpoador surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Rio de Janeiro surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Arpoador
- The closest passenger airport to Arpoador is Santos Dumont (Rio De Janeiro) Airport (SDU) in Brazil, 9 km (6 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Arpoador is Galeao Antonio Carlos Jobim (Rio De Janeiro) Airport (GIG), also in Brazil, 20 km (12 miles) away.
- Third is Santa Cruz (Rio De Janeiro) Airport (STU) in Brazil, 53 km (33 miles) away.
- Francisco De Assis (Juiz De Fora) Airport (JDF) in Brazil is 134 km (83 miles) away.
- Bartolomeu Lisandro (Campos) Airport (CAW), also in Brazil is the fifth nearest airport to Arpoador and is 242 km (150 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Arpoador, Rio de Janeiro. Use the tab navigation above to view Arpoador sea temperature, Arpoador photographs, Arpoador detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Arpoador webcams, current wind from Rio de Janeiro live weather stations and Arpoador tide predictions. The Brazil swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Brazil and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Brazil wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Arpoador.