Arinaga Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell N | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.0 °C
Arinaga in Gran Canaria is a sheltered reef break that has reasonably consistent surf. Autumn and winter are the optimum times of year for waves. The best wind direction is from the west. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the optimum swell angle is from the north. There is a left hand reef break. Best around low tide. When the surf is up, crowds are likely Watch out for rips, crowds and rocks.
Overall Arinaga Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
The rose diagram describes the variation of swells directed at Arinaga over a normal Fe... (show all text)
This picture shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Arinaga surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Gran Canaria surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Arinaga
- The closest passenger airport to Arinaga is Gran Canaria Airport (LPA) in Canary Islands, 9 km (6 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Arinaga is Tenerife Norte Airport (TFN), also in Canary Islands, 117 km (73 miles) away.
- Third is Tenerife Sur Airport (TFS) in Canary Islands, 118 km (73 miles) away.
- Fuerteventura Airport (FUE) in Canary Islands is 164 km (102 miles) away.
- Lanzarote (Lanzerote) Airport (ACE), also in Canary Islands is the fifth nearest airport to Arinaga and is 213 km (132 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Arinaga, Gran Canaria. Use the tab navigation above to view Arinaga sea temperature, Arinaga photographs, Arinaga detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Arinaga webcams, current wind from Gran Canaria live weather stations and Arinaga tide predictions. The Spain (Africa) swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Spain (Africa) and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Spain (Africa) wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Arinaga.