Ardmore Spot ID
Best: Swell SW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.8 °C
Ardmore in Waterford is a sheltered beach break that has unreliable waves with no particular seasonal pattern. Works best in offshore winds from the north. Waves more likely to be from local windswells than distant groundswells and the best wave direction is from the southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Watch out for dangerous rips.
For Youghal, 6 km from Ardmore.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Roches Point, 37 km from Ardmore.
|light winds from the SW|
At Pembroke Buoy, 117 miles from Ardmore.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
Overall Ardmore Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This chart shows the range of swells directed at Ardmore through a typical August and i... (show all text)
This image illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ardmore surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Waterford surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ardmore
Tide stations nearest to Ardmore:
- Closest tide stationYoughal4 mi
- Second closest tide stationDungarvan12 mi
- Third closest tide stationCobh24 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationCarrigaline28 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCork30 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Ardmore:
- Closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)267 mi
- Second closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)276 mi
- Third closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)295 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)297 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)300 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Ardmore:
- Closest city locationCork (Ireland)30 mi
- Second closest city locationWaterford (Ireland)35 mi
- Third closest city locationLimerick (Ireland)61 mi
- Fourth closest city locationGalway (Ireland)106 mi
- Fifth closest city locationTallaght (Ireland)109 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Ardmore is Cork Airport (ORK) in Ireland, 50 km (31 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Ardmore is Waterford Airport (WAT), also in Ireland, 54 km (34 miles) away.
- Third is Shannon Airport (SNN) in Ireland, 114 km (71 miles) away.
- Kerry Airport (KIR) in Ireland is 122 km (76 miles) away.
- Galway Airport (GWY), also in Ireland is the fifth nearest airport to Ardmore and is 170 km (106 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ardmore, Waterford. Use the tab navigation above to view Ardmore sea temperature, Ardmore photographs, Ardmore detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ardmore webcams, current wind from Waterford live weather stations and Ardmore tide predictions. The Ireland swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ireland and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ireland wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ardmore.