Arataki Spot ID
Photo credit: Roy Stuart
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NNE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.6 °C
Arataki in Bay of Plenty is an exposed beach break that has quite consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds blow from the southwest. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the north northeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Best around high tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Beware of .
Overall Arataki Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The rose diagram illustrates the range of swells directed at Arataki over a normal June... (show all text)
This picture describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Arataki surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Bay of Plenty surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Arataki
Tide stations nearest to Arataki:
- Closest tide stationTauranga2 mi
- Second closest tide stationSlipper Island44 mi
- Third closest tide stationMoutohora (Whale) Island45 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationWhakatane48 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationTairua50 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Arataki:
- Closest ski areaWhakapapa114 mi
- Second closest ski areaTukino117 mi
- Third closest ski areaTuroa121 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaManganui162 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRainbow342 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Arataki:
- Closest city locationTauranga3 mi
- Second closest city locationRotorua34 mi
- Third closest city locationHamilton50 mi
- Fourth closest city locationManukau87 mi
- Fifth closest city locationNorthshore98 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Arataki is Tauranga Airport (TRG) in New Zealand, 2 km (1 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Arataki is Rotorua Airport (ROT), also in New Zealand, 51 km (32 miles) away.
- Third is Whakatane Airport (WHK) in New Zealand, 68 km (42 miles) away.
- Hamilton Airport (HLZ) in New Zealand is 81 km (50 miles) away.
- Taupo Airport (TUO), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Arataki and is 121 km (75 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Arataki, Bay of Plenty. Use the tab navigation above to view Arataki sea temperature, Arataki photographs, Arataki detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Arataki webcams, current wind from Bay of Plenty live weather stations and Arataki tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Arataki.