Arataki Spot ID
Photo credit: Roy Stuart
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NNE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.6 °C
Arataki in Bay of Plenty is an exposed beach break that has pretty consitent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the southwest. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell direction is from the north northeast. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Best around high tide. Rarely crowded here. Beware of .
Overall Arataki Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
The figure illustrates the combination of swells directed at Arataki through an average... (show all text)
This chart describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Arataki surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Bay of Plenty surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Arataki
- The closest passenger airport to Arataki is Tauranga Airport (TRG) in New Zealand, 2 km (1 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Arataki is Rotorua Airport (ROT), also in New Zealand, 51 km (32 miles) away.
- Third is Whakatane Airport (WHK) in New Zealand, 68 km (42 miles) away.
- Hamilton Airport (HLZ) in New Zealand is 81 km (50 miles) away.
- Taupo Airport (TUO), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Arataki and is 121 km (75 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Arataki, Bay of Plenty. Use the tab navigation above to view Arataki sea temperature, Arataki photographs, Arataki detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Arataki webcams, current wind from Bay of Plenty live weather stations and Arataki tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Arataki.