Appelviken Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WNW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.5 °C
Appelviken in Kattegat is an exposed beach and reef break that has quite reliable surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Windswells are much more typical than groudswells and the ideal wave direction is from the west northwest.. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It's sometimes crowded here. Overcrowding can even make surfing hazardous.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Kattegat and Skagerrack surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Appelviken
- The closest passenger airport to Appelviken is Halmstad Airport (HAD) in Sweden, 57 km (35 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Appelviken is Landvetter (Gothenborg) Airport (GOT), also in Sweden, 63 km (39 miles) away.
- Third is Save (Gothenborg) Airport (GSE) in Sweden, 79 km (49 miles) away.
- Angelholm Airport (AGH) in Sweden is 96 km (60 miles) away.
- Aarhus Airport (AAR) in Denmark is the fifth nearest airport to Appelviken and is 132 km (82 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Appelviken, Kattegat and Skagerrack. Use the tab navigation above to view Appelviken sea temperature, Appelviken photographs, Appelviken detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Appelviken webcams, current wind from Kattegat and Skagerrack live weather stations and Appelviken tide predictions. The Sweden swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Sweden and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Sweden wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Appelviken.