Apollo Bay Spot ID
Type: beach and point
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.2 °C
Apollo Bay in Cape Otway is a fairly exposed beach and point break that has pretty consitent surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the west. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves Best around low tide when the tide is rising. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded Overcrowding can even make surfing hazardous.
Overall Apollo Bay Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
The figure illustrates the variation of swells directed at Apollo Bay over a normal Sep... (show all text)
This chart describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Apollo Bay surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to VIC - Cape Otway surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Apollo Bay
- The closest passenger airport to Apollo Bay is Avalon Airport (AVV) in Australia, 106 km (66 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Apollo Bay is Melbourne Moorabbin Airport (MBW), also in Australia, 152 km (94 miles) away.
- Third is Melbourne Essendon Airport (MEB) in Australia, 157 km (98 miles) away.
- Melbourne International Airport (MEL) in Australia is 158 km (98 miles) away.
- Albury Airport (ABX), also in Australia is the fifth nearest airport to Apollo Bay and is 417 km (259 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Apollo Bay, VIC - Cape Otway. Use the tab navigation above to view Apollo Bay sea temperature, Apollo Bay photographs, Apollo Bay detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Apollo Bay webcams, current wind from VIC - Cape Otway live weather stations and Apollo Bay tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Apollo Bay.