Apache Pier Spot ID
Photo credit: Hank Berger
Best: Swell SSE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.2 °C
Apache Pier in South Carolina is an exposed beach break that has consistent surf. Summer offers the favoured conditions for surfing. Offshore winds blow from the northwest. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the best swell direction is from the south southeast. Waves at the beach are mainly rights. Best around low tide when the tide is rising. A popular wave that can get growded. Watch out for dangerous rips.
For Myrtle Beach Airport, ICWW, South Carolina, 3 km from Apache Pier.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Briarcliffe Acres Myrtle Beach wx, 1 km from Apache Pier.
|light winds from the NE|
Overall Apache Pier Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
The rose diagram illustrates the range of swells directed at Apache Pier through a typi... (show all text)
This picture describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Apache Pier surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Carolina South surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Apache Pier
- The closest passenger airport to Apache Pier is Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR) in USA, 22 km (14 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Apache Pier is Wilmington International Airport (ILM), also in USA, 93 km (58 miles) away.
- Third is Florence Rgnl Airport (FLO) in USA, 102 km (63 miles) away.
- Santee Cooper Rgnl (Plymouth) Airport (MNI) in Montserrat Island is 139 km (86 miles) away.
- New River Mcas (Jacksonville) Airport (NCA) in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Apache Pier and is 156 km (97 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Apache Pier, Carolina South. Use the tab navigation above to view Apache Pier sea temperature, Apache Pier photographs, Apache Pier detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Apache Pier webcams, current wind from Carolina South live weather stations and Apache Pier tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Apache Pier.