Anse de Vauville Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 10.9 °C
Anse de Vauville in Normandy is an exposed beach break that has quite consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds are from the east. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the west. The beach break provides left and right handers. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It very rarely gets crowded here.
For Biville, 4 km from Anse de Vauville.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Le Moitier Vauville wx, 1 km from Anse de Vauville.
At Channel Islands Buoy, 50 miles from Anse de Vauville.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Average period (s)||5||5||5||5|
Overall Anse de Vauville Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The rose diagram describes the variation of swells directed at Anse de Vauville over a ... (show all text)
This picture shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Anse de Vauville surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Normandy surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Anse de Vauville
Ski Resorts closest to Anse de Vauville:
- Closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)286 mi
- Second closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)342 mi
- Third closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)348 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)351 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)352 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Anse de Vauville is Maupertus (Cherbourg) Airport (CER) in France, 28 km (17 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Anse de Vauville is Jersey Airport (JER) in England, 54 km (34 miles) away.
- Third is Guernsey Airport (GCI) in Guernsey Isld., 59 km (37 miles) away.
- Carpiquet (Caen) Airport (CFR) in France is 114 km (71 miles) away.
- Pleurtuit (Dinard) Airport (DNR), also in France is the fifth nearest airport to Anse de Vauville and is 119 km (74 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Anse de Vauville, Normandy. Use the tab navigation above to view Anse de Vauville sea temperature, Anse de Vauville photographs, Anse de Vauville detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Anse de Vauville webcams, current wind from Normandy live weather stations and Anse de Vauville tide predictions. The France swell maps link will open up the big picture showing France and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from France wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Anse de Vauville.