Ano Nuevo Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 14.6 °C
Ano Nuevo in San Mateo is a sheltered beach and reef break that has unreliable waves. Spring and Summer provide the best conditions. Ideal winds are from the northeast with some shelter here from north northwest winds. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the optimum swell angle is from the southwest. The beach breaks consists of rights. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Sometimes crowded. Take care of sharks,.
For Ano Nuevo Island, California, 3 km from Ano Nuevo.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Boulder Creek, 16 km from Ano Nuevo.
At Monterey Buoy, 23 miles from Ano Nuevo.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||10||10||10||10|
Overall Ano Nuevo Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
The graph shows the variation of swells directed at Ano Nuevo over a normal September, ... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ano Nuevo surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Mateo surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ano Nuevo
- The closest passenger airport to Ano Nuevo is Moffett Federal Afld (Mountain View) Airport (NUQ) in USA, 41 km (25 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Ano Nuevo is Norman Y Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC), also in USA, 43 km (27 miles) away.
- Third is San Francisco International Airport (SFO) in USA, 57 km (35 miles) away.
- Metropolitan Oakland International Airport (OAK) in USA is 68 km (42 miles) away.
- Stockton Metropolitan Airport (SCK), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Ano Nuevo and is 128 km (80 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ano Nuevo, CAL - San Mateo. Use the tab navigation above to view Ano Nuevo sea temperature, Ano Nuevo photographs, Ano Nuevo detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ano Nuevo webcams, current wind from CAL - San Mateo live weather stations and Ano Nuevo tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ano Nuevo.