Annestown Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Best: Swell SW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 10.6 °C
Annestown in Waterford is a fairly exposed beach and reef break that has consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the north. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights and there is also a left hand reef break.. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Watch out for rocks.
Overall Annestown Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
This chart describes the variation of swells directed at Annestown through an average A... (show all text)
This image shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Annestown surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Waterford surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Annestown
Ski Resorts closest to Annestown:
- Closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)242 mi
- Second closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)252 mi
- Third closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)271 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)273 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)276 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Annestown is Waterford Airport (WAT) in Ireland, 15 km (9 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Annestown is Cork Airport (ORK), also in Ireland, 88 km (55 miles) away.
- Third is Shannon Airport (SNN) in Ireland, 127 km (79 miles) away.
- Kerry Airport (KIR) in Ireland is 152 km (94 miles) away.
- Dublin Airport (DUB), also in Ireland is the fifth nearest airport to Annestown and is 158 km (98 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Annestown, Waterford. Use the tab navigation above to view Annestown sea temperature, Annestown photographs, Annestown detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Annestown webcams, current wind from Waterford live weather stations and Annestown tide predictions. The Ireland swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ireland and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ireland wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Annestown.