Anna Maria Key Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Gulf Coast, Florida, USA)
Anna Maria Key Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.1 °C
Anna Maria Key in Florida is an exposed beach/Pier break that has quite reliable surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the east. Most of the surf comes fis in the form of windswells and the ideal wave direction is from the northwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. It's often crowded here. Watch out for .
Overall Anna Maria Key Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The figure shows the range of swells directed at Anna Maria Key through a typical May, ... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Anna Maria Key surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Florida - Gulf surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Anna Maria Key
Visitor Reviews of Anna Maria Key
Tide stations nearest to Anna Maria Key:
- Closest tide stationAnna Maria Key, city pier, Tampa Bay1 mi
- Second closest tide stationAnna Maria Key, Bradenton Beach, Tampa Bay2 mi
- Third closest tide stationCortez, Sarasota Bay6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationEgmont Key, Egmont Channel, Tampa Bay6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMullet Key Channel (Skyway)6 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Anna Maria Key:
- Closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)495 mi
- Second closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)518 mi
- Third closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)520 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)525 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaCataloochee (United States)556 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Anna Maria Key:
- Closest city locationBradenton (United States)11 mi
- Second closest city locationSarasota (United States)19 mi
- Third closest city locationSaint Petersburg (United States)19 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPinellas Park (United States)22 mi
- Fifth closest city locationLargo (United States)27 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Anna Maria Key is Albert Whitted (St. Petersburg) Airport (SPG) in USA, 29 km (18 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Anna Maria Key is Macdill Afb (Tampa) Airport (MCF), also in USA, 42 km (26 miles) away.
- Third is St Petersburg Clearwater International Airport (PIE) in USA, 43 km (27 miles) away.
- Tampa International Airport (TPA) in USA is 54 km (34 miles) away.
- Page Fld (Fort Myers) Airport (FMY), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Anna Maria Key and is 136 km (84 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Anna Maria Key, Florida - Gulf. Use the tab navigation above to view Anna Maria Key sea temperature, Anna Maria Key photographs, Anna Maria Key detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Anna Maria Key webcams, current wind from Florida - Gulf live weather stations and Anna Maria Key tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Anna Maria Key.