Anna Maria Key Spot ID
Photo credit: Surf Cat
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 24.6 °C
Anna Maria Key in Florida is an exposed beach/Pier break that has quite reliable surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the east. Most of the surf comes fis in the form of windswells and the ideal wave direction is from the northwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. It's often crowded here. Watch out for .
Overall Anna Maria Key Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The figure describes the variation of swells directed at Anna Maria Key over a normal A... (show all text)
This chart shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Anna Maria Key surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Florida - Gulf surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Anna Maria Key
Visitor Reviews of Anna Maria Key
“One of the few places on the west coast that will be surfable in the summer. The sandbar will create a rideable wave during periods near low tide. Longboards are rideable all year long. 9 footers are standard during the summer. Fall and winter are typically shortboard season although the water gets colder. I am running a 6'3" at that time. Pockets of surf all over. Tide dependant.”
Mike from UNITED STATES - 21 Jul 2015
Tide stations nearest to Anna Maria Key:
- Closest tide station1 mi
- Second closest tide station2 mi
- Third closest tide station6 mi
- Fourth closest tide station6 mi
- Fifth closest tide station6 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Anna Maria Key is Albert Whitted (St. Petersburg) Airport (SPG) in USA, 29 km (18 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Anna Maria Key is Macdill Afb (Tampa) Airport (MCF), also in USA, 42 km (26 miles) away.
- Third is St Petersburg Clearwater International Airport (PIE) in USA, 43 km (27 miles) away.
- Tampa International Airport (TPA) in USA is 54 km (34 miles) away.
- Page Fld (Fort Myers) Airport (FMY), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Anna Maria Key and is 136 km (84 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Anna Maria Key, Florida - Gulf. Use the tab navigation above to view Anna Maria Key sea temperature, Anna Maria Key photographs, Anna Maria Key detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Anna Maria Key webcams, current wind from Florida - Gulf live weather stations and Anna Maria Key tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Anna Maria Key.