Anna Maria Island Spot ID
Photo credit: Maria
Best: Swell WSW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.0 °C
Anna Maria Island in Gulf Coast, Floridais a beach break that has unreliable waves. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the southeast. Windswells are much more typical than groudswells and the best wave direction is from the west southwest. The beach breaks favour lefts. It's sometimes crowded here. Beware of - Rips / undertow - Localism.
For Anna Maria Key, city pier, Tampa Bay, Florida, 2 km from Anna Maria Island.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Bradenton, 16 km from Anna Maria Island.
Overall Anna Maria Island Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This image describes the combination of swells directed at Anna Maria Island over a nor... (show all text)
The graph shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions thr... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Anna Maria Island surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Florida - Gulf surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Anna Maria Island
Visitor Reviews of Anna Maria Island
“I consult this site for surf winds and wave height as a measure for water stillness to swim. Since I have to drive a bit it is helpful to know this before driving all the out to the island. Swimming in the open sea water does not begin to compare to enclosed chlorine filled Olympic size pool. Love to be out in the open Swimming w fish.
I would like if website would display in increments of less than .5 feet.
More importantly is the accuracy. Drove out here today, the surf is pretty high, perhaps well over 1 ft, the beach flag is yellow, yet the website is showing blank, which I have interpreted as zero. Truly disappointed.
[Editor replies. Angelina, this site is really designed only for surfers and so we do not report things that are of no interest to them like very small waves that are close together. To view everything our model predicts about the sea state, including the small details of more interest to swimmers, look here instead: tide-forecast.com and look for Anna-Maria-Key-Bradenton-Beach-Tampa-Bay-Florida. I think that forecast was about right for Friday]”
Angelina from UNITED STATES - 01 Nov 2013
Tide stations nearest to Anna Maria Island:
- Closest tide stationAnna Maria Key, city pier, Tampa Bay1 mi
- Second closest tide stationAnna Maria Key, Bradenton Beach, Tampa Bay4 mi
- Third closest tide stationEgmont Key, Egmont Channel, Tampa Bay4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMullet Key Channel (Skyway)6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMullet Key Channel (Skyway), Tampa Bay6 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Anna Maria Island:
- Closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)493 mi
- Second closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)517 mi
- Third closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)520 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)525 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaCataloochee (United States)555 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Anna Maria Island:
- Closest city locationBradenton (United States)11 mi
- Second closest city locationSaint Petersburg (United States)19 mi
- Third closest city locationSarasota (United States)19 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPinellas Park (United States)21 mi
- Fifth closest city locationLargo (United States)25 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Anna Maria Island, Florida - Gulf. Use the tab navigation above to view Anna Maria Island sea temperature, Anna Maria Island photographs, Anna Maria Island detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Anna Maria Island webcams, current wind from Florida - Gulf live weather stations and Anna Maria Island tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Anna Maria Island.