Anna Maria Island Spot ID
Photo credit: Maria
Best: Swell WSW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.4 °C
Anna Maria Island in Gulf Coast, Floridais a beach break that has inconsistent surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the southeast. Windswells are much more typical than groudswells and the ideal wave direction is from the west southwest. The beach break favours left handers. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Take care of - Rips / undertow - Localism.
For Anna Maria Key, city pier, Tampa Bay, Florida, 2 km from Anna Maria Island.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Bradenton, 16 km from Anna Maria Island.
|light winds from the NW|
Overall Anna Maria Island Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The figure illustrates the range of swells directed at Anna Maria Island over a normal ... (show all text)
This chart describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Anna Maria Island surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Florida - Gulf surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Anna Maria Island
Visitor Reviews of Anna Maria Island
“I consult this site for surf winds and wave height as a measure for water stillness to swim. Since I have to drive a bit it is helpful to know this before driving all the out to the island. Swimming in the open sea water does not begin to compare to enclosed chlorine filled Olympic size pool. Love to be out in the open Swimming w fish.
I would like if website would display in increments of less than .5 feet.
More importantly is the accuracy. Drove out here today, the surf is pretty high, perhaps well over 1 ft, the beach flag is yellow, yet the website is showing blank, which I have interpreted as zero. Truly disappointed.
[Editor replies. Angelina, this site is really designed only for surfers and so we do not report things that are of no interest to them like very small waves that are close together. To view everything our model predicts about the sea state, including the small details of more interest to swimmers, look here instead: tide-forecast.com and look for Anna-Maria-Key-Bradenton-Beach-Tampa-Bay-Florida. I think that forecast was about right for Friday]”
Angelina from UNITED STATES - 01 Nov 2013
Tide stations nearest to Anna Maria Island:
- Closest tide stationAnna Maria Key, city pier, Tampa Bay1 mi
- Second closest tide stationAnna Maria Key, Bradenton Beach, Tampa Bay4 mi
- Third closest tide stationEgmont Key, Egmont Channel, Tampa Bay4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMullet Key Channel (Skyway)6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMullet Key Channel (Skyway), Tampa Bay6 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Anna Maria Island:
- Closest ski areaCloudmont493 mi
- Second closest ski areaSky Valley517 mi
- Third closest ski areaScaly Mountain520 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSapphire Valley525 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaCataloochee555 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Anna Maria Island:
- Closest city locationBradenton11 mi
- Second closest city locationSaint Petersburg19 mi
- Third closest city locationSarasota19 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPinellas Park21 mi
- Fifth closest city locationLargo25 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Anna Maria Island is Albert Whitted (St. Petersburg) Airport (SPG) in USA, 28 km (17 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Anna Maria Island is Macdill Afb (Tampa) Airport (MCF), also in USA, 41 km (25 miles) away.
- Third is St Petersburg Clearwater International Airport (PIE) in USA, 42 km (26 miles) away.
- Tampa International Airport (TPA) in USA is 53 km (33 miles) away.
- Page Fld (Fort Myers) Airport (FMY), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Anna Maria Island and is 137 km (85 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Anna Maria Island, Florida - Gulf. Use the tab navigation above to view Anna Maria Island sea temperature, Anna Maria Island photographs, Anna Maria Island detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Anna Maria Island webcams, current wind from Florida - Gulf live weather stations and Anna Maria Island tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Anna Maria Island.