Andrew Molera State Park Spot ID
Type: beach and point
Best: Swell W | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 12.0 °C
Andrew Molera State Park in Monterey is an exposed beach and point break that does not work very often with no particular seasonal pattern. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the optimum swell angle is from the west. Prevailing right breaking waves at the beach break Best around low tide when the tide is rising. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded Watch out for rips, rocks and sharks.
At Andrew Molera State Park (0 km).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Big Sur, 12 km from Andrew Molera State Park.
At Cape San Martin Buoy, 37 miles from Andrew Molera State Park.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||9||10||5||8|
Overall Andrew Molera State Park Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The figure shows the combination of swells directed at Andrew Molera State Park through... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Andrew Molera State Park surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Monterey surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Andrew Molera State Park
Tide stations nearest to Andrew Molera State Park:
- Closest tide station17 mi
- Second closest tide station22 mi
- Third closest tide station28 mi
- Fourth closest tide station36 mi
- Fifth closest tide station36 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Andrew Molera State Park is Norman Y Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC) in USA, 120 km (75 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Andrew Molera State Park is Moffett Federal Afld (Mountain View) Airport (NUQ), also in USA, 127 km (79 miles) away.
- Third is San Francisco International Airport (SFO) in USA, 155 km (96 miles) away.
- Metropolitan Oakland International Airport (OAK) in USA is 163 km (101 miles) away.
- Castle (Merced) Airport (MER), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Andrew Molera State Park and is 168 km (104 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Andrew Molera State Park, CAL - Monterey. Use the tab navigation above to view Andrew Molera State Park sea temperature, Andrew Molera State Park photographs, Andrew Molera State Park detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Andrew Molera State Park webcams, current wind from CAL - Monterey live weather stations and Andrew Molera State Park tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Andrew Molera State Park.