Anaehoomalu Bay_A-Bay Spot ID
Type: reef and point
Best: Swell NW | Wind ESE
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.7 °C
Anaehoomalu Bay_A-Bay in Big Island is a fairly exposed reef and point break that has dependable surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds blow from the east southeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the northwest. There is a left breaking reef It's sometimes crowded here. Beware of rips and sharks.
Overall Anaehoomalu Bay_A-Bay Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
The graph shows the combination of swells directed at Anaehoomalu Bay_A-Bay over a norm... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different d... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Anaehoomalu Bay_A-Bay surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Big Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Anaehoomalu Bay_A-Bay
- The closest passenger airport to Anaehoomalu Bay_A-Bay is Waimea Kohala (Kamuela) Airport (MUE) in Usa Hawaii Isl., 25 km (16 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Anaehoomalu Bay_A-Bay is Kona International At Keahole Airport (KOA), also in Usa Hawaii Isl., 26 km (16 miles) away.
- Third is Bradshaw Aaf Airport (BSF) in Usa Hawaii Isl., 39 km (24 miles) away.
- Upolu (Opolu) Airport (UPP) in USA is 39 km (24 miles) away.
- Hilo International Airport (ITO) in Usa Hawaii Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Anaehoomalu Bay_A-Bay and is 91 km (57 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Anaehoomalu Bay_A-Bay, HAW - Big Island. Use the tab navigation above to view Anaehoomalu Bay_A-Bay sea temperature, Anaehoomalu Bay_A-Bay photographs, Anaehoomalu Bay_A-Bay detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Anaehoomalu Bay_A-Bay webcams, current wind from HAW - Big Island live weather stations and Anaehoomalu Bay_A-Bay tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Anaehoomalu Bay_A-Bay.