Amoreira Spot ID
Type: beach and point
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.2 °C
Amoreira in The Algarveis a beach and point break that has pretty consitent surf and can work at any time of the year. Ideal winds are from the southeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the west. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Beware of rocks / rips.
Overall Amoreira Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This chart describes the combination of swells directed at Amoreira over a normal June.... (show all text)
This image shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions th... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Amoreira surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Algarve surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Amoreira
Tide stations nearest to Amoreira:
- Closest tide stationLagos20 mi
- Second closest tide stationAlvor21 mi
- Third closest tide stationPortimao22 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationAlbufeira37 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSines42 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Amoreira:
- Closest ski areaSerra da Estrela222 mi
- Second closest ski areaSierra de Bejar-La Covatilla (Spain)268 mi
- Third closest ski areaSierra Nevada (Spain)303 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMichlifen (Morocco)344 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaValdesqui (Spain)347 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Amoreira:
- Closest city locationPortimao22 mi
- Second closest city locationFaro Airport53 mi
- Third closest city locationFaro55 mi
- Fourth closest city locationOlhao60 mi
- Fifth closest city locationBeja71 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Amoreira is Faro Airport (FAO) in Acores, which is 86 km (53 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Amoreira is Lisboa (Lisbon) Airport (LIS) in Portugal, 161 km (100 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Amoreira, Algarve. Use the tab navigation above to view Amoreira sea temperature, Amoreira photographs, Amoreira detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Amoreira webcams, current wind from Algarve live weather stations and Amoreira tide predictions. The Portugal swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Portugal and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Portugal wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Amoreira.