Ammonias Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.2 °C
Ammonias in Kauai is an exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Offshore winds blow from the northwest. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the south southeast. A reef breaks right. When the surf is up, crowds are likely Submerged rocks are a hazard.
Overall Ammonias Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in December
The graph illustrates the combination of swells directed at Ammonias through a typical ... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different dir... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ammonias surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Kaua'i surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ammonias
- The closest passenger airport to Ammonias is Lihue Airport (LIH) in Usa Kauai Isl., 3 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Ammonias is Barking Sands Pmrf Airport (BKH), also in Usa Kauai Isl., 46 km (29 miles) away.
- Third is Dillingham Airport (HDH) in Usa Oahu Isl., 125 km (78 miles) away.
- Honolulu International Airport (HNL) in Usa Oahu Isl. is 163 km (101 miles) away.
- Kaneohe Bay Mcaf Airport (NGF), also in Usa Oahu Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Ammonias and is 173 km (107 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ammonias, HAW - Kaua'i. Use the tab navigation above to view Ammonias sea temperature, Ammonias photographs, Ammonias detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ammonias webcams, current wind from HAW - Kaua'i live weather stations and Ammonias tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ammonias.