The Pass Spot ID
Reliability: rarely breaks
Best: Swell ESE | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 24.1 °C
Amazons in Alabama is a fairly exposed beach/Jetty break. The optimum conditions for surfing are during the hurricane season. Offshore winds are from the northeast. Windswells are much more common than groundswells and the best wave direction is from the east southeast. The beach breaks offer left-handers. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Beware of rips and sharks.
For Channel entrance, Saint Andrew Bay, Florida, 1 km from The Pass.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Marriott Drive Panama City Beach wx, 3 km from The Pass.
At Pensacola Buoy, 93 miles from The Pass.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||5||5||5||5|
Overall The Pass Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
This chart illustrates the variation of swells directed at The Pass through an average ... (show all text)
This image describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single The Pass surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Florida - Gulf surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of The Pass
Tide stations nearest to The Pass:
- Closest tide station1 mi
- Second closest tide station4 mi
- Third closest tide station4 mi
- Fourth closest tide station6 mi
- Fifth closest tide station7 mi
- The closest passenger airport to The Pass is Tyndall Afb (Panama City) Airport (PAM) in USA, 16 km (10 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to The Pass is Eglin Afb (Valparaiso) Airport (VPS) in Usa (florida, 86 km (53 miles) away.
- Third is Hurlburt Fld (Mary Esther) Airport (HRT) in USA, 98 km (61 miles) away.
- Bob Sikes (Crestview) Airport (CEW) in USA is 105 km (65 miles) away.
- Dothan Rgnl Airport (DHN), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to The Pass and is 136 km (84 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for The Pass, Florida - Gulf. Use the tab navigation above to view The Pass sea temperature, The Pass photographs, The Pass detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, The Pass webcams, current wind from Florida - Gulf live weather stations and The Pass tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around The Pass.