Almiros Beach Spot ID
Best: Swell NE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.3 °C
Almiros Beach in Crete is a fairly exposed beach break that only works when conditions are just right with no particular seasonal pattern. The best wind direction is from the west and there is no shelter here from cross shore breezes. Handles onshore winds better than most spots Windswells provide any waves and the ideal wave angle is from the northeast. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Hazards include lifeguards.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Crete surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Almiros Beach
- The closest passenger airport to Almiros Beach is Sitia Airport (JSH) in Greece, 36 km (22 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Almiros Beach is Nikos Kazantzakis (Heraklion) Airport (HER), also in Greece, 51 km (32 miles) away.
- Third is Kasos Airport (KSJ) in Greece, 112 km (70 miles) away.
- Karpathos Airport (AOK) in Greece is 133 km (83 miles) away.
- Santorini Airport (JTR), also in Greece is the fifth nearest airport to Almiros Beach and is 138 km (86 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Almiros Beach, Crete. Use the tab navigation above to view Almiros Beach sea temperature, Almiros Beach photographs, Almiros Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Almiros Beach webcams, current wind from Crete live weather stations and Almiros Beach tide predictions. The Greece swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Greece and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Greece wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Almiros Beach.