Alize Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Best: Swell NE | Wind SSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.0 °C
Alize in Grande Terre is an exposed beach and reef break that has reliable surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds are from the south southwest. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the northeast. Waves at the beach break both left and right. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Beware of urchins and rocks.
Overall Alize Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
This picture illustrates the combination of swells directed at Alize over a normal Febr... (show all text)
The figure describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Alize surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Grande Terre surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Alize
Ski Resorts closest to Alize:
- Closest ski areaWintergreen Resort (United States)1836 mi
- Second closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)1840 mi
- Third closest ski areaYawgoo Valley (United States)1846 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaAppalachian Ski Mountain (United States)1857 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMassanutten (United States)1861 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Alize is Le Raizet (Pointe-a-pitre) Airport (PTP) in Antilles, 28 km (17 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Alize is Melville Hall (Dominica) Airport (DOM) in Dominica, 86 km (53 miles) away.
- Third is V C Bird International (Antigua) Airport (ANU) in Leeward Islands, 106 km (66 miles) away.
- Canefield Airport (DCF) in Dominica is 110 km (68 miles) away.
- Robert L Bradshaw (Basse Terre) Airport (SKB) in St. Kitts & Nevis is the fifth nearest airport to Alize and is 189 km (117 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Alize, Grande Terre. Use the tab navigation above to view Alize sea temperature, Alize photographs, Alize detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Alize webcams, current wind from Grande Terre live weather stations and Alize tide predictions. The Guadeloupe swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Guadeloupe and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Guadeloupe wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Alize.