Aligator Rock Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.0 °C
Aligator Rock in Oahu is an exposed beach break that is usually a safe bet, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Works best in offshore winds from the east. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the northwest. Both left and right reef breaks. Best around mid tide. Sometimes crowded. Beware of rips and sharks.
Overall Aligator Rock Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The figure shows the range of swells directed at Aligator Rock through an average April... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Aligator Rock surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Oahu surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Aligator Rock
Tide stations nearest to Aligator Rock:
- Closest tide station3 mi
- Second closest tide station9 mi
- Third closest tide station15 mi
- Fourth closest tide station16 mi
- Fifth closest tide station16 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Aligator Rock is Dillingham Airport (HDH) in Usa Oahu Isl., 15 km (9 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Aligator Rock is Kaneohe Bay Mcaf Airport (NGF), also in Usa Oahu Isl., 38 km (24 miles) away.
- Third is Honolulu International Airport (HNL) in Usa Oahu Isl., 38 km (24 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is 115 km (71 miles) away.
- Lihue Airport (LIH) in Usa Kauai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Aligator Rock and is 136 km (84 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Aligator Rock, HAW - Oahu. Use the tab navigation above to view Aligator Rock sea temperature, Aligator Rock photographs, Aligator Rock detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Aligator Rock webcams, current wind from HAW - Oahu live weather stations and Aligator Rock tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Aligator Rock.