Alibaba Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WNW | Wind ESE
Sea Temperature Today is: 22.1 °C
Alibaba in Sal is an exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds blow from the east southeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the west northwest. A right hand reef break. It very rarely gets crowded here.
Overall Alibaba Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
This image shows the combination of swells directed at Alibaba through a typical Februa... (show all text)
The graph illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Alibaba surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Sal surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Alibaba
- The closest passenger airport to Alibaba is Amilcar Cabral International Airport (SID) in Cape Verde Islands, 5 km (3 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Alibaba is Rabil (Boa Vista) Airport (BVC), also in Cape Verde Islands, 66 km (41 miles) away.
- Third is Preguica (Sao Nocolau Island) Airport (SNE) in Cape Verde Islands, 139 km (86 miles) away.
- Maio Airport (MMO) in Cape Verde Islands is 176 km (109 miles) away.
- Francisco Mendes Airport (RAI), also in Cape Verde Islands is the fifth nearest airport to Alibaba and is 207 km (129 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Alibaba, Sal. Use the tab navigation above to view Alibaba sea temperature, Alibaba photographs, Alibaba detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Alibaba webcams, current wind from Sal live weather stations and Alibaba tide predictions. The Cape Verde swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Cape Verde and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Cape Verde wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Alibaba.