Ala Moana Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SSW | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.5 °C
Ala Moana in Lima is an exposed reef break that has very consistent surf and works all around the year. Works best in offshore winds from the east northeast. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the south southwest. A left hand reef. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Sometimes crowded. Take care of rocks, man-made danger (buoys etc...) and pollution.
Overall Ala Moana Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The rose diagram shows the combination of swells directed at Ala Moana through an avera... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ala Moana surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Lima surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ala Moana
Tide stations nearest to Ala Moana:
- Closest tide stationLima4 mi
- Second closest tide stationCallao12 mi
- Third closest tide stationSan Bartolo23 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationChilca32 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationChancay44 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Ala Moana:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)213 mi
- Second closest ski areaChacaltaya (Bolivia)666 mi
- Third closest ski areaSki Arpa (Chile)1477 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaPortillo (Chile)1495 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaLos Penitentes (Argentina)1497 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Ala Moana:
- Closest city locationLima (Peru)4 mi
- Second closest city locationCallao (Peru)9 mi
- Third closest city locationChosica (Peru)25 mi
- Fourth closest city locationChancay (Peru)44 mi
- Fifth closest city locationHuaral (Peru)47 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Ala Moana is Jorge Chavez International (Lima) Airport (LIM) in Peru, which is 17 km (11 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Ala Moana is Pisco Airport (PIO), also in Peru, 198 km (123 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ala Moana, Lima. Use the tab navigation above to view Ala Moana sea temperature, Ala Moana photographs, Ala Moana detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ala Moana webcams, current wind from Lima live weather stations and Ala Moana tide predictions. The Peru swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Peru and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Peru wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ala Moana.