Ajo Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 14.5 °C
Ajo(Playa de Cuberris) in Cantabria is an exposed beach break that has very consistent surf and works all around the year. The best wind direction is from the south. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the northwest. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Best around low tide. Likely to be crowded if working. Watch out for rips / crowds.
Overall Ajo Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
This picture illustrates the variation of swells directed at Ajo over a normal February... (show all text)
The figure describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ajo surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Cantabria surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ajo
Visitor Reviews of Ajo
khalil jobrane from TUNISIA - 06 Mar 2012
- The closest passenger airport to Ajo (Playa de Cuberris) is Santander Airport (SDR) in Spain, 18 km (11 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Ajo (Playa de Cuberris) is Bilbao Airport (BIO), also in Spain, 61 km (38 miles) away.
- Third is Vitoria Airport (VIT) in Spain, 100 km (62 miles) away.
- San Sebastian Airport (EAS) in Spain is 149 km (93 miles) away.
- Anglet (Biarritz-bayonne) Airport (BIQ) in France is the fifth nearest airport to Ajo (Playa de Cuberris) and is 169 km (105 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ajo, Cantabria. Use the tab navigation above to view Ajo sea temperature, Ajo photographs, Ajo detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ajo webcams, current wind from Cantabria live weather stations and Ajo tide predictions. The Spain (Europe) swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Spain (Europe) and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Spain (Europe) wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ajo.