Aitape Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NNW | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.5 °C
Aitape in Sandaun is an exposed reef break that has pretty consitent surf Offshore winds are from the south. Windswells are much more typical than groudswells and the ideal wave direction is from the north northwest. A left hand reef break. Rarely crowded here. Watch out for dangerous rips.
Overall Aitape Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This chart describes the variation of swells directed at Aitape through an average July... (show all text)
This image shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Aitape surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Sandaun surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Aitape
Visitor Reviews of Aitape
Tide stations nearest to Aitape:
- Closest tide stationAitape1 mi
- Second closest tide stationVanimo78 mi
- Third closest tide stationWewak94 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationJayapura121 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSepik River162 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Aitape:
- Closest ski areaSelwyn Snowfields (Australia)2300 mi
- Second closest ski areaPerisher (Australia)2333 mi
- Third closest ski areaCharlotte Pass (Australia)2334 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaThredbo (Australia)2339 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Buffalo (Australia)2340 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Aitape:
- Closest city locationJayapura (Indonesia)121 mi
- Second closest city locationAbepura (Indonesia)126 mi
- Third closest city locationMendi (Papua New Guinea)227 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMount Hagen (Papua New Guinea)229 mi
- Fifth closest city locationMadang (Papua New Guinea)278 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Aitape is Wewak International Airport (WWK) in Papua New Guinea, which is 156 km (97 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Aitape is Sentani (Jayapura) Airport (DJJ) in Indonesia, 212 km (132 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Aitape, Sandaun. Use the tab navigation above to view Aitape sea temperature, Aitape photographs, Aitape detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Aitape webcams, current wind from Sandaun live weather stations and Aitape tide predictions. The Papua New Guinea swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Papua New Guinea and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Papua New Guinea wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Aitape.