Ahu Ahu Road Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WSW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.2 °C
Ahu Ahu Road in Taranaki is an exposed beach and reef break that has quite consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the southeast with some shelter here from southwest winds. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell direction is from the west southwest. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights and there are also left and right hand reef breaks on offer.. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded
Overall Ahu Ahu Road Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The rose diagram illustrates the variation of swells directed at Ahu Ahu Road through a... (show all text)
This picture describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ahu Ahu Road surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Taranaki surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ahu Ahu Road
- The closest passenger airport to Ahu Ahu Road is New Plymouth Airport (NPL) in New Zealand, 27 km (17 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Ahu Ahu Road is Wanganui Airport (WAG), also in New Zealand, 134 km (83 miles) away.
- Third is Hamilton Airport (HLZ) in New Zealand, 188 km (117 miles) away.
- Taupo Airport (TUO) in New Zealand is 194 km (120 miles) away.
- Palmerston North Airport (PMR), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Ahu Ahu Road and is 198 km (123 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ahu Ahu Road, Taranaki. Use the tab navigation above to view Ahu Ahu Road sea temperature, Ahu Ahu Road photographs, Ahu Ahu Road detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ahu Ahu Road webcams, current wind from Taranaki live weather stations and Ahu Ahu Road tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ahu Ahu Road.