Afife Spot ID
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.7 °C
Afife in North Portugal is an exposed beach break that has reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds blow from the east. Groundswells and windswells are equally likely and the optimum swell angle is from the west. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Good surf at all stages of the tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water.
Overall Afife Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in December
This image shows the range of swells directed at Afife over a normal December and is ba... (show all text)
The graph illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Afife surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Douro & Minho surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Afife
- The closest passenger airport to Afife is Vigo Airport (VGO) in Spain, 54 km (34 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Afife is Porto Airport (OPO) in Acores, 61 km (38 miles) away.
- Third is Vila Real Airport (VRL) in Acores, 111 km (69 miles) away.
- Santiago Airport (SCQ) in Spain is 130 km (81 miles) away.
- A Coruna (La Coruna) Airport (LCG), also in Spain is the fifth nearest airport to Afife and is 174 km (108 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Afife, Douro & Minho. Use the tab navigation above to view Afife sea temperature, Afife photographs, Afife detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Afife webcams, current wind from Douro & Minho live weather stations and Afife tide predictions. The Portugal swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Portugal and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Portugal wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Afife.