Acid Drops Spot ID
Photo credit: Rab Snoob
Best: Swell S | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.2 °C
Acid Drops in Kauai is an exposed reef break that has consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the northeast. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the best swell direction is from the south. A choice of left and right reefs. Best around mid tide. Sometimes crowded. Beware of urchins, rips, rocks and sharks.
Overall Acid Drops Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
This picture describes the range of swells directed at Acid Drops through an average Oc... (show all text)
The figure shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Acid Drops surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Kaua'i surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Acid Drops
- The closest passenger airport to Acid Drops is Lihue Airport (LIH) in Usa Kauai Isl., 19 km (12 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Acid Drops is Barking Sands Pmrf Airport (BKH), also in Usa Kauai Isl., 34 km (21 miles) away.
- Third is Dillingham Airport (HDH) in Usa Oahu Isl., 136 km (84 miles) away.
- Honolulu International Airport (HNL) in Usa Oahu Isl. is 173 km (107 miles) away.
- Kaneohe Bay Mcaf Airport (NGF), also in Usa Oahu Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Acid Drops and is 184 km (114 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Acid Drops, HAW - Kaua'i. Use the tab navigation above to view Acid Drops sea temperature, Acid Drops photographs, Acid Drops detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Acid Drops webcams, current wind from HAW - Kaua'i live weather stations and Acid Drops tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Acid Drops.