Abalone Cove Spot ID
Best: Swell SW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 20.1 °C
Abalone Cove in LA County is a sheltered reef break that only works once in a while. Summer offers the optimum conditions for surfing. The best wind direction is from the north. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell angle is from the southwest. There is a left breaking reef. Best around mid tide. Sometimes crowded. Watch out for rocks and locals.
Overall Abalone Cove Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
This image describes the combination of swells directed at Abalone Cove over a normal S... (show all text)
The graph shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions thr... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Abalone Cove surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - LA County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Abalone Cove
- The closest passenger airport to Abalone Cove is Jack Northrop Fld Hawthorne Muni Airport (HHR) in USA, 21 km (13 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Abalone Cove is Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), also in USA, 23 km (14 miles) away.
- Third is Long Beach Airport (LGB) in USA, 23 km (14 miles) away.
- John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA) in USA is 48 km (30 miles) away.
- Burbank Glendale Pasadena Airport (BUR), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Abalone Cove and is 51 km (32 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Abalone Cove, CAL - LA County. Use the tab navigation above to view Abalone Cove sea temperature, Abalone Cove photographs, Abalone Cove detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Abalone Cove webcams, current wind from CAL - LA County live weather stations and Abalone Cove tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Abalone Cove.